- 2021 – Rounds 4 Research April 24, 2021Dear Hawaii GCSA Members, I hope this finds you all doing well and preparing for what promises to be another busy year throughout the islands. I am reaching out to you today on behalf of the Hawaii GCSA Board of Directors concerning the Environmental Institute for Golf (EIFG) Rounds 4 Research program. Rounds 4 Research…bigwave
- 2021 University of Hawaii Turfgrass and Landscape Pest Management Webinar Series March 20, 2021Webinar series is free of charge, brought to you by UH Manoa Turfgrass and Landscape Pest Management Program, and CTAHR Cooperative Extension Service. Download the Flyer 4:00 – 5:00 pm on Tuesdays in April 2021 Live on Zoom: Webinar Zoom link will be provided to registered participants. Certified Educational Units 1.0 HDOA Pesticide CEU for…bigwave
- Message from Executive Director – Upcoming Webinar January 26, 2021Below is a notification from LICH about an upcoming webinar. I would like to give a shout out to a few superintendents that had hosted events in the last few weeks. Andrew Rebman at Kapalua, Dave Nakama at Waialae and Dan Husek at Hualalai along with their staff did a great job in getting their…bigwave
Plans, coordinates and supervises the overall operation, improvement, development and maintenance of a municipal golf course and its facilities; and performs other related duties as required.
Overall management includes planning, organizing, assigning and reviewing the work of subordinates engaged in the operation, improvement, development and maintenance of an eighteen-hole golf course and its facilities; establishing and enforcing rules of conduct for employees, and rules and regulations governing the use of the course and other facilities; planning, directing and coordinating work to insure that the course as well as the buildings, grounds and equipment located thereon are properly maintained or improved; directing the proper use and timely application of fertilizers, soil supplements and conditioners, herbicides, fungicides, insecticides and other chemicals; supervising the construction, reconstruction and/or renovation of greens, tees, and sand bunkers; inspecting construction projects performed by contractors for compliance with plans and specifications; reviewing budget needs and preparing operating budget; and interviewing, selecting, assigning, training, evaluating work of, and disciplining employees.
Additional Job Information:
At time of application, you must be a citizen, national or permanent resident alien of the United States or a non-citizen eligible under federal law for unrestricted employment.
* * * Subject to funding availability. * * *
1) Only ONLINE applications will be accepted. Applications must be submitted online by MAY 23, 2018, 11:59 p.m., Hawaii Standard Time (HST) to be accepted.
2) Paper applications will NOT be accepted.
There is currently one vacancy with the Department of Enterprise Services. The vacancy is located at the West Loch Golf Course in Ewa Beach, Hawaii. Work schedule is Monday to Friday, but hours may vary. Must be able to work on weekends, holidays, and after work hours to respond to emergencies. This list may be used to fill future vacancies in this department.
Some notifications will be sent via e-mail. You are responsible for monitoring instructions and correspondence from this office by checking your e-mail account in a timely manner. To ensure proper delivery, please make sure you:
– use a valid e-mail account;
– verify your e-mail address is entered correctly on your GovernmentJobs account;
– check your spam folders; and
– add [email protected] to your contact list.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Equivalent to graduation from high school.
Three years of supervisory experience in golf course maintenance and/or operations activities.
Such experience must have demonstrated the ability to plan, organize, assign and review the work of subordinates engaged in the operation, improvement and maintenance of a golf course.
Valid appropriate driver’s license (automobile/Type 3) prior to appointment.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE EVALUATION: In addition to meeting the above minimum qualifications, your application will be further evaluated. Your score will be based on the quality, quantity, and/or recency of your training and experience.
Training and Experience Evaluation — 100%