- Conference Comes to You October 10, 2020Hawaii GCSA Members, We are excited to provide you with world class education this year as we partner with the Carolinas GCSA. Below are step-by-step instructions on how to register for seminars. Seminars begin November 2nd and run through December 18th from 1-3 pm EST. No classes the week of Thanksgiving. This is an ONLINE ONLY registration…bigwave
- Letter from HGCSA President, Scott Main, on COVID-19 April 27, 2020 bigwave
- HGCSA Best Management Practices (BMPs) Handbook Released October 3, 2019 hgcsa
Plans, coordinates and supervises the overall operation, improvement, development and maintenance of a municipal golf course and its facilities; and performs other related duties as required.
Overall management includes planning, organizing, assigning and reviewing the work of subordinates engaged in the operation, improvement, development and maintenance of an eighteen-hole golf course and its facilities; establishing and enforcing rules of conduct for employees, and rules and regulations governing the use of the course and other facilities; planning, directing and coordinating work to insure that the course as well as the buildings, grounds and equipment located thereon are properly maintained or improved; directing the proper use and timely application of fertilizers, soil supplements and conditioners, herbicides, fungicides, insecticides and other chemicals; supervising the construction, reconstruction and/or renovation of greens, tees, and sand bunkers; inspecting construction projects performed by contractors for compliance with plans and specifications; reviewing budget needs and preparing operating budget; and interviewing, selecting, assigning, training, evaluating work of, and disciplining employees.
Additional Job Information:
At time of application, you must be a citizen, national or permanent resident alien of the United States or a non-citizen eligible under federal law for unrestricted employment.
* * * Subject to funding availability. * * *
1) Only ONLINE applications will be accepted. Applications must be submitted online by MAY 23, 2018, 11:59 p.m., Hawaii Standard Time (HST) to be accepted.
2) Paper applications will NOT be accepted.
There is currently one vacancy with the Department of Enterprise Services. The vacancy is located at the West Loch Golf Course in Ewa Beach, Hawaii. Work schedule is Monday to Friday, but hours may vary. Must be able to work on weekends, holidays, and after work hours to respond to emergencies. This list may be used to fill future vacancies in this department.
Some notifications will be sent via e-mail. You are responsible for monitoring instructions and correspondence from this office by checking your e-mail account in a timely manner. To ensure proper delivery, please make sure you:
– use a valid e-mail account;
– verify your e-mail address is entered correctly on your GovernmentJobs account;
– check your spam folders; and
– add [email protected] to your contact list.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Equivalent to graduation from high school.
Three years of supervisory experience in golf course maintenance and/or operations activities.
Such experience must have demonstrated the ability to plan, organize, assign and review the work of subordinates engaged in the operation, improvement and maintenance of a golf course.
Valid appropriate driver’s license (automobile/Type 3) prior to appointment.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE EVALUATION: In addition to meeting the above minimum qualifications, your application will be further evaluated. Your score will be based on the quality, quantity, and/or recency of your training and experience.
Training and Experience Evaluation — 100%