- Conference Comes to You October 10, 2020Hawaii GCSA Members, We are excited to provide you with world class education this year as we partner with the Carolinas GCSA. Below are step-by-step instructions on how to register for seminars. Seminars begin November 2nd and run through December 18th from 1-3 pm EST. No classes the week of Thanksgiving. This is an ONLINE ONLY registration…bigwave
- Letter from HGCSA President, Scott Main, on COVID-19 April 27, 2020 bigwave
- HGCSA Best Management Practices (BMPs) Handbook Released October 3, 2019 hgcsa
To apply please send resume and cover letter to the Turtle Bay Director of Golf Travis Joerger [email protected] Call 808-224-5208 with questions.
This position assists the Golf Course Superintendent in managing golf course activities to assure safety and playing conditions of the course by performing the following duties either personally or through subordinate employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Ensures the condition of the course and equipment is safe and playable for the general public utilizing the golf course..
* Plans, coordinates, assigns and performs activities and projects to workers engaged in preserving and maintaining the grounds and turf of the golf course and repair of irrigation and mechanical equipment.Reports progress of projects to the Superintendent and Director of Golf..
* Evaluates priorities and helps identify areas that need attention for foremen, such as fertilizing ,irrigating, seeding, mowing, raking, and spraying..
* Monitors employees to ensure they are taking care of the equipment and performing regular preventive maintenance..
* Assists in training employees to perform assigned duties..
* Reviews department schedules and manages overtime of employees..
* Monitors expenditures for conformance and cost control for golf course maintenance..
* Evaluates equipment and makes recommendations on equipment that will enhance the working conditions and over-all appearance of the golf course..
* Maintains professional relationships with vendors and assists with activities that will assure all licenses ,reports, and requirements of the golf course are compliant; researches products and supplies to recommend for the maintenance of the golf course..
* Maintains current knowledge on all environmental issues, laws, and requirements..
* Ensures compliance with Company’s safety program to ensure a safe working environment for the employees and guests..
* Assists with the maintenance process for the irrigation system..
* Maintains, organizes, and requisitions for parts and supplies for the maintenance department..
* Attends meetings and training sessions as required..
* Performs all maintenance duties assigned or required.
Assists with the supervision of the employees in the Maintenance department; carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Bachelor’s degree from a 4-yearcollege or university in field related to turf management and one year supervisory/management experience in golf course maintenance preferred.
Employee must have the ability to utilize Microsoft Word and Excel.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Maintain DOA Certification for Commercial Application of Restricted Pesticides Category 3 Ornamental & Turf
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Employee must be able to calculate figures and amounts such as measurements and percentages; moreover, to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral ,diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environments usually moderate.