- HGCSA Best Management Practices (BMPs) Handbook Released October 3, 2019 hgcsa
- Photos for Best Management Practices Handbook May 20, 2019 hgcsa
- 2019 Rounds 4 Research April 24, 2019 bigwave
This position assists the Golf Course Superintendent in managing golf course activities to assure safety and playing conditions of the course by performing the following duties either personally or through subordinate employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Ensures the condition of the course and equipment is safe and playable for the general public utilizing the golf course.
* Plans, coordinates, assigns and performs activities and projects to workers engaged in preserving and maintaining the grounds and turf of the golf course and repair of irrigation and mechanical equipment. Reports progress of projects to the Superintendent and General Manager.
* Evaluates priorities and helps identify areas that need attention for foremen, such as fertilizing, irrigating, seeding, mowing, raking, and spraying.
* Monitors employees to ensure they are taking care of the equipment and performing regular preventive maintenance.
* Assists in training employees to perform assigned duties.
* Reviews department schedules and manages overtime of employees.
* Monitors expenditures for conformance and cost control for golf course maintenance.
* Evaluates equipment and makes recommendations on equipment that will enhance the working conditions and over-all appearance of the golf course.
* Maintains professional relationships with vendors and assists with activities that will assure all licenses,reports, and requirements of the golf course are compliant; researches products and supplies to recommend for the maintenance of the golf course.
* Maintains current knowledge on all environmental issues, laws, and requirements.
* Ensures compliance with Company’s safety program to ensure a safe working environment for the employees and guests.
* Assists with the maintenance process for the irrigation system.
* Maintains, organizes, and requisitions for parts and supplies for the maintenance department.
* Attends meetings and training sessions as required.
* Performs all maintenance duties assigned or required.
Assists with the supervision of the employees in the Maintenance department; carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from 4-year college or university in field related to turf management or agriculture required. Three years management experience in golf course maintenance preferred; must be able to operate all grounds maintenance equipment.
Employee must be computer literate in Microsoft Word and Excel.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Maintain DOA Certification for Commercial Application of Restricted Pesticides – Category 3 Ornamental & Turf Certification for Commercial Application.
Employee must have excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; additionally the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from group of managers, the general public, and employees of Ko Olina Golf Club.
Employee must be able to calculate figures and amounts such as measurements and percentages; moreover, to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
The employed must show the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; besides the ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.