- 2021 – Rounds 4 Research April 24, 2021Dear Hawaii GCSA Members, I hope this finds you all doing well and preparing for what promises to be another busy year throughout the islands. I am reaching out to you today on behalf of the Hawaii GCSA Board of Directors concerning the Environmental Institute for Golf (EIFG) Rounds 4 Research program. Rounds 4 Research…bigwave
- 2021 University of Hawaii Turfgrass and Landscape Pest Management Webinar Series March 20, 2021Webinar series is free of charge, brought to you by UH Manoa Turfgrass and Landscape Pest Management Program, and CTAHR Cooperative Extension Service. Download the Flyer 4:00 – 5:00 pm on Tuesdays in April 2021 Live on Zoom: Webinar Zoom link will be provided to registered participants. Certified Educational Units 1.0 HDOA Pesticide CEU for…bigwave
- Message from Executive Director – Upcoming Webinar January 26, 2021Below is a notification from LICH about an upcoming webinar. I would like to give a shout out to a few superintendents that had hosted events in the last few weeks. Andrew Rebman at Kapalua, Dave Nakama at Waialae and Dan Husek at Hualalai along with their staff did a great job in getting their…bigwave
The Manele Golf Course is seeking qualified candidates for an Assistant Superintendent.
Located on the Island of Lana’i, Hawaii, the Manele Golf Course is a Jack Nicklaus Signature design. It features seashore paspalum turf and a Toro Lynx irrigation system.
Under the leadership of the Golf Course Superintendent, the Assistant Superintendent will participate and assist in all maintenance programs for the golf course including the training and supervision of approximately 25 union employees.
Benefits package includes: Competitive salary, relocation reimbursement, assistance with acquiring housing, 401(k) with company match, medical/dental/vision insurance, paid vacation/holidays, continuing education opportunities, golfing privileges, uniforms, work cell phone, employee meals, national/local GCSAA membership
* Two years or more of supervisory experience in the golf course maintenance industry. Candidates with turfgrass management or agronomy degrees preferred
* Requires the ability to problem solve, a keen eye for details, excellent communication and organizational skills
* Requires a positive attitude and a willingness to learn * Preference to those who have worked in a union environment
* Preference to those who play golf and show the ability to understand golf from a player’s perspective
* Ability to obtain a State of Hawaii Restricted Use Pesticide license within 6 months of hire
* Valid driver’s license