- 2021 – Rounds 4 Research April 24, 2021Dear Hawaii GCSA Members, I hope this finds you all doing well and preparing for what promises to be another busy year throughout the islands. I am reaching out to you today on behalf of the Hawaii GCSA Board of Directors concerning the Environmental Institute for Golf (EIFG) Rounds 4 Research program. Rounds 4 Research…bigwave
- 2021 University of Hawaii Turfgrass and Landscape Pest Management Webinar Series March 20, 2021Webinar series is free of charge, brought to you by UH Manoa Turfgrass and Landscape Pest Management Program, and CTAHR Cooperative Extension Service. Download the Flyer 4:00 – 5:00 pm on Tuesdays in April 2021 Live on Zoom: Webinar Zoom link will be provided to registered participants. Certified Educational Units 1.0 HDOA Pesticide CEU for…bigwave
- Message from Executive Director – Upcoming Webinar January 26, 2021Below is a notification from LICH about an upcoming webinar. I would like to give a shout out to a few superintendents that had hosted events in the last few weeks. Andrew Rebman at Kapalua, Dave Nakama at Waialae and Dan Husek at Hualalai along with their staff did a great job in getting their…bigwave
We are currently seeking qualified applicants for the Head Equipment Mechanic at Oʻahu Country Club. The selected candidate will help us maintain any & all equipment used in in the operation of an eighteen-hole, private golf club. The successful candidate will help foster a team-first attitude for all our Grounds department associates as we provide a first-class experience for our members.
The Head Equipment Mechanic will help supervise and perform major and minor mechanical repairs, oversee proper cutting unit set-up on a variety of gasoline and diesel-powered golf course maintenance equipment. The Head Equipment Mechanic is responsible for ordering equipment, parts and supplies within the set budget of the Grounds department. The Head Equipment Mechanic will help supervise, instruct, and conduct equipment training classes for associates of the Grounds department. The Head Equipment Mechanic will work with the Grounds Superintendent in budgeting for the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for implementing an effective equipment M&R program and helping ensure all equipment is being operated in a safe and high-quality condition.
* Diagnose and repair all equipment used in the maintenance operation.
* Perform general overhauls of motors, transmissions, brakes, steering systems, pressure pumps, valves, differentials, carburetors, distributors, fuel pumps, starters, generators, etc.
* Troubleshoot and repair equipment hydraulic and electrical systems.
* Sharpens, grinds, and checks all mowing equipment to ensure a proper cut.
* Maintains proper record keeping of equipment M&R.
* Responsible for monitoring equipment inventory parts and supplies and making purchases within the approved budget.
* Monitors and orders gasoline and diesel fuels as needed.
* Monitors and schedules M&R of underground fuel storage tanks.
* May do body and fender repair work and painting.
* May do fabricating and welding as needed.
* Help supervise, instruct and counsel employees as required.
* Occasionally makes emergency repairs out of the shop.
* Conduct equipment safety and operator training classes.
* Help create an annual operating budget for equipment M&R as well as a capital equipment replacement plan.
* Supervises staff on weekends and at times the Grounds Superintendent and Assistant Grounds Superintendent are not present.
* Other duties may be assigned.
* Familiarity with Toro and John Deere a plus.
GREAT BENEFITS FOR ELIGIBLE EMPLOYEES INCLUDE:
* Complimentary golf on our beautiful valley golf course.
* 401k with an employer match up to a certain percentage.
* Health insurance.
* Paid sick.
* Paid vacation.
* 9 holidays with a floating holiday.
* Employee meals.
Be a part of our team at Oahu Country Club. Send your resume to: [email protected] attn: Ryan Borris