Waialae Country Club has an opening for a Full-Time Assistant Golf Course Superintendent at our exclusive, beachside club; Home of the Sony Open!
The Assistant Golf Course Superintendent is responsible for assisting the Golf Course Superintendent in overseeing the maintenance and care of the golf course and grounds.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
* Assisting with the development and implementation of a comprehensive maintenance plan for the golf course, including all aspects of turfgrass management, irrigation, landscaping and pest control.
* Performing regular inspections of the course to identify and address any maintenance needs or issues.
* Maintaining accurate records and reports related to course maintenance and operations.
* Assisting the Golf Course Superintendent with managerial responsibilities including evaluating employees and employee safety programs.
* Scheduling and supervising maintenance work to achieve the most efficient utilization of workers and equipment; preparing clear and concise reports; and maintaining effective employee and member relations.
* Other duties as assigned by the Golf Course Superintendent
* Certificate or degree in Agronomy, Turfgrass Management or related field; and 4-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education/experience.
* State of Hawaii Pesticide Applicator License
* Strong knowledge of golf course maintenance practices and techniques
* Experience with turfgrass management, irrigation and pest control
* Excellent leadership and communication skills as the role involves working closely with a team of grounds maintenance staff and communication with club members.
* Must be detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities effectively.
* Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
* 401(k) with Matching
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Employee Meals
* Life Insurance
* Long Term Disability Insurance
* Paid Vacation, Sick Leave and Holidays
* Golfing Privileges
* Free Parking
* Professional Development Assistance
Job Application Instructions:
Please send your resume to Human Resources at [email protected]