- 2021 – Rounds 4 Research April 24, 2021Dear Hawaii GCSA Members, I hope this finds you all doing well and preparing for what promises to be another busy year throughout the islands. I am reaching out to you today on behalf of the Hawaii GCSA Board of Directors concerning the Environmental Institute for Golf (EIFG) Rounds 4 Research program. Rounds 4 Research…bigwave
- 2021 University of Hawaii Turfgrass and Landscape Pest Management Webinar Series March 20, 2021Webinar series is free of charge, brought to you by UH Manoa Turfgrass and Landscape Pest Management Program, and CTAHR Cooperative Extension Service. Download the Flyer 4:00 – 5:00 pm on Tuesdays in April 2021 Live on Zoom: Webinar Zoom link will be provided to registered participants. Certified Educational Units 1.0 HDOA Pesticide CEU for…bigwave
- Message from Executive Director – Upcoming Webinar January 26, 2021Below is a notification from LICH about an upcoming webinar. I would like to give a shout out to a few superintendents that had hosted events in the last few weeks. Andrew Rebman at Kapalua, Dave Nakama at Waialae and Dan Husek at Hualalai along with their staff did a great job in getting their…bigwave
Kohanaiki is seeking an individual to join our Golf Course Maintenance Staff as an
Assistant Golf Course Mechanic.
As a member of the golf course maintenance team, the Assistant Mechanic will be
responsible for helping maintain all equipment used by Golf Course Maintenance,
Landscaping, and Ponds Maintenance, as directed by the Equipment Manager. This
includes meeting or exceeding the established standards for members, guests and
employee satisfaction. The Assistant Mechanic is an integral part of the Maintenance
Operation and functions as a key player on our team. Additional duties may be assigned
* Provide training to all staff members on the safe and proper operation of the
* The Assistant Mechanic must lead by example and help set the benchmark of
performance in areas of innovation, motivation and animation.
* The Assistant Mechanic will function as a coach in encouraging team members to
be diligent with equipment care and operation.
* The Assistant Mechanic will assist the Equipment Manager with the review of
operational challenges and recommend solutions.
* The Assistant Mechanic will help identify and correct performance problems
under the Equipment Manager’s supervision, complete repairs/adjustments and
help insure all equipment is being properly cleaned.
* The Assistant Mechanic will help the Equipment Manager maintain records of
repairs, equipment and parts inventory, preventative maintenance, and
* The Assistant Mechanic will help maintain a clean, safe and orderly work
* The Assistant Mechanic will help the Equipment Manager insure departmental
compliance with OSHA.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Must have a valid Hawaii driver’s license to operate utility carts and trucks.
* Able to demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of equipment repair and
maintenance through references and work history.
* Must be self-motivated and able to supervise the duties of direct reports.
* Able to interact positively with the public and teammates.
* Ability to work holidays, and weekends.
Interested candidates may send resumes and cover letters to [email protected]