- Curtis Kono Memorial “Nine & Wine” February 2, 2023During all the rain Curtis Kono had a very nice Celebration of Life service at Oahu C.C. It was a very well attended event, standing room only. The Kono family is holding a fund raising golf tournament Feb. 13 at Oahu C.C. for Kapi’olani Medical Center and they are looking for any donations the golf…bigwave
- 2023 – Rounds 4 Research January 16, 2023Donate a Round and support turfgrass research that sustains the future of golf.Good Monday morning and I hope everyone has a good MLK Day. Did everyone get a chance to watch any of the golf this past weekend? Dave and his staff did a great job, the course looked and played great. We have one…bigwave
- University of Hawaii at Manoa Pesticide Safety and Education Workshop December 2022 December 9, 2022Dates: Wed. December 14: Kona (in person, and Zoom) Thur. December 15: Waimea (in person only) 4.0 HDOA Pesticide credits (1.0 each) will be offered. Free registration at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pesticide-safety-and-education-workshop-tickets-478649151497 (DOWNLOAD the flyer)bigwave
Kohanaiki is seeking an individual to join our Golf Course Maintenance Staff as an
Assistant Golf Course Mechanic.
As a member of the golf course maintenance team, the Assistant Mechanic will be
responsible for helping maintain all equipment used by Golf Course Maintenance,
Landscaping, and Ponds Maintenance, as directed by the Equipment Manager. This
includes meeting or exceeding the established standards for members, guests and
employee satisfaction. The Assistant Mechanic is an integral part of the Maintenance
Operation and functions as a key player on our team. Additional duties may be assigned
* Provide training to all staff members on the safe and proper operation of the
* The Assistant Mechanic must lead by example and help set the benchmark of
performance in areas of innovation, motivation and animation.
* The Assistant Mechanic will function as a coach in encouraging team members to
be diligent with equipment care and operation.
* The Assistant Mechanic will assist the Equipment Manager with the review of
operational challenges and recommend solutions.
* The Assistant Mechanic will help identify and correct performance problems
under the Equipment Manager’s supervision, complete repairs/adjustments and
help insure all equipment is being properly cleaned.
* The Assistant Mechanic will help the Equipment Manager maintain records of
repairs, equipment and parts inventory, preventative maintenance, and
* The Assistant Mechanic will help maintain a clean, safe and orderly work
* The Assistant Mechanic will help the Equipment Manager insure departmental
compliance with OSHA.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Must have a valid Hawaii driver’s license to operate utility carts and trucks.
* Able to demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of equipment repair and
maintenance through references and work history.
* Must be self-motivated and able to supervise the duties of direct reports.
* Able to interact positively with the public and teammates.
* Ability to work holidays, and weekends.
Interested candidates may send resumes and cover letters to [email protected]