Ensures that mechanical repairs are preformed on a variety of gasoline and diesel power equipment in a timely and precise manner. Ensures that all equipment is kept in efficient and operable condition at all times.
Resumes and cover letters should either be faxed (669-1523) or emailed to [email protected].
* Maintains a preventative maintenance program on all equipment, purchases repair parts and replacement supplies. Places orders for parts/supplies as needed for equipment or service and tracks expenses and inventories for budget purposes.
* Inspects, adjusts, diagnoses and repairs mechanical defects in many types of golf course maintenance equipment.
* Performs mower grinding/sharpening, general overhaul of motors and reels, installs and adjusts braking systems.
* Performs machining or welding work in making fittings used in repair of maintenance equipment.
* Manages expenses in the maintenance of the equipment fleet relating to parts purchases, inventory levels, service work, fuel inventories and related items.
* Ensures accurate records of preventative maintenance, repairs made, parts ordered are kept.
* Maintains an up-to-date working knowledge of light and heavy construction and maintenance equipment and automotive apparatus. Maintains skills in the use of a wide variety of equipment repair tools and in the making of various types of mechanical repairs.
* Knowledge of the theory, care and operation of internal combustion engines, hydraulic systems and mowing equipment maintenance such as grinding, sharpening and adjustment.
* Diagnoses mechanical troubles and schedules appropriate preventative maintenance work.
* Organizes and maintains a clean and safe maintenance area.
* Assists the Manager in interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Assists in the management of department members that may include, but is not limited to: Assistant Mechanics.
* Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Assists in developing ongoing training programs.
* Regular and reliable attendance.
* Performs other duties as required.
Certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination and experience. Experience managing personnel.
Frequently stands and walks; uses hands; reaches with hands and arms; stoops, kneels, crouches or crawls. Occasionally sits, climbs or balances. Regularly talks or hears. Regularly lifts up to 10 pounds and occasionally may lift up to100 pounds.
Occasionally works in wet or humid conditions (non-weather); with toxic or caustic materials; in extreme cold or heat (non-weather); may experience vibration. Regularly works in outdoor weather conditions and may face the risk of electrical shock or encounter fumes or airborne pathogens. Frequently works in areas near moving mechanical parts. Noise level is loud.
Valid Driver’s License, Mechanics Certificate from Gas and Diesel Engine Training Seminar
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
* Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the associates may be required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment the associates may use are in English).
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.