Contact Bill Lucena
The Assistant Superintendent position will be directly responsible for all the daily operations on the golf course at Kapolei Golf Club. This position will report directly to the Director of Golf Course Maintenance. This role will require a significant amount of responsibility and dedication. This is a great opportunity for a motivated individual to take the next step in their career!
Essential Job Function:
* Works with the Superintendent to ensure that the annual golf course maintenance budget and capital plans are maintained and followed.
* Supervises and assists maintenance staff in daily duties.
* Assists in the planning, organizing and direction of the maintenance and construction of putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs, bunkers and landscapes.
* Supervises the planting and cultural practices involved in growing various turf grasses, trees and ornamental plants.
* Ensures that equipment is properly maintained.
* Assists in the procurement of supplies and materials and ensures costs remain within budgetary limitations.
* Keeps records of annual maintenance activities and costs and assists with the preparation of required prepares reports.
* Follows sound purchasing procedures utilizing preferred vendors, when possible.
* Reconciles and provides timely coding of all invoices, payroll and other required documents.
* Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed including compliance with government regulations.
* Ensures associates obtain proper license needed to perform job tasks safely and within city, state, and federal regulations. Addresses directly all real or perceived environmental concerns.
* Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Mechanic, Environmental Technician, Equipment Operator, Foreman, Greens keeper, and Irrigation Technician.
* Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
* Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
* Regular and reliable attendance.
* Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
* Secondary Functions:
* Performs other duties as required.
Secondary Job Function:
* Perform duties as assigned
* Must be able to attend any assigned meetings
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Must have at least 5 years of education and/ or work experience in turf maintenance
* Must be able to speak, read, and write efficiently and professionally in English
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
* Ability to supervise a team of 20 employees on a daily basis
* Previous supervisory experience preferred
* Must have or be able to obtain a Hawaii State pesticide license within 90 days of hire
* Must be able to work a flexible work schedule including morning, day, evening, weekdays, weekends, and holiday.
* Willingness to learn and develop in the turf grass industry
* Must be able to operate general office equipment including but not limited to copier, printer, scanner, facsimile, phone, and computer. A proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and, Outlook required
* Must be able to stand, sit, bend, lift up to 75 lbs.
* Must be able to operate the turf equipment and machine
* Must have a valid driver’s license