Contact Roquel Scruton
ABOUT THE JOB
Here at Oahu Country Club, nestled deep in the “Beautiful surroundings of the Nu’uanu Valley, we are looking for an experienced “Grounds Superintendent”. If you are experienced in the Grounds Operations, with management skills along with a “first-class” environment for members and guests, we’re looking for you to join our Ohana.
The Grounds Superintendent is responsible for the golf course grounds operation and maintenance. These responsibilities include overall turf and plant maintenance and management of the entire course and surroundings. Duties include grounds-related asset management, personnel management of direct reports, financial management, budget and forecasting and compliance with regulatory issues. The Grounds Superintendent is to work closely with Head Golf Professional and Club Management to enhance and build open communication and a spirit of cooperation for themselves, members, guests, other employees and the course in general. The Grounds Superintendent reports to the General Manager of the Club.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for all phases of Golf Course Maintenance and Agronomic operations, cost control, and personnel.
* Prepare monthly/annual budgets and operating plans for golf course maintenance; identify and present other options that will increase course playability or reduce costs while maintaining the highest quality playing conditions. Take corrective actions as necessary to help assure that budget goal are attained.
* Meet regularly with the General Manager to ensure smooth communication and effective cooperation with other Club Departments.
* Work closely with the Head Golf Professional on maintenance issues that affect the playability of the golf course. Goal is to present a team approach to the challenges and budget restraints of maintaining the course in an ever-changing fiscal environment. Preparing course for tournaments or other play.
* Regularly meets with, serves as an advisor to, and takes constructive input from the Grounds Committee. Contributes to Golf Committee meetings as invited by the Chairperson.
* Supervises and participates with active knowledge in the recording of chemical applications (fertilizers and pesticides) on the Club’s grounds in compliance with all City, State and Federal regulations.
* Assist the Long-Range Planning Committee with its five and ten-year projections for improvements to the course and facilities.
* Implement and enforce applicable policies and rules established by the Board of Directors or the Grounds Committee.
* Safeguard and maintain strict inventory of all pesticides pursuant to applicable laws, regulations (federal, state and local), and prudent management.
* Oversee and assist any independent outside contractor/landscaper retained by the club.
* Initiate and adopt written systems for the orderly maintenance of the club grounds which shall be updated on at least an annual basis.
* Recommend and supervise the purchase, lease, installation and maintenance of golf course equipment and improvements including, but not limited to, driving range, cart paths (excluding carts, tee markers, waste receptacles, flags, toilets, water fountains, shelters and the like.
* Ensure a safe working environment for all employees in areas of responsibility.
* Develop, execute, and maintain a training program and professional development program for Grounds department employees. Recruits supervise and retains Grounds Department staff. Conducts employee performance evaluations and exercises disciplinary actions.
* Perform other duties as are customarily performed by one holding such position in other, same or similar businesses or enterprises as instructed by the General Manager.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Ability to interact positively with supervisor, management, coworkers, members, and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach.
* Working knowledge of various computer software programs, including MS Office Programs, GHIN, online communication platforms, and Northstar.
* Minimum two-year degree or certificate in Turf Management or related fields such as Agronomy, Horticulture, Botany or Soil Science
* Member of local or national Golf Course Superintendents’ Association
* Valid Driver’s License
* If applicable, Pesticide Application License
* Ideal candidate has local knowledge of Hawaii golf course management
**A more detailed job description of what the position will entail can be reviewed upon being scheduled and confirmed in a job interview**
GREAT BENEFITS FOR ELIGIBLE EMPLOYEES INCLUDE
* Complimentary golf on our beautiful valley golf course.
* 401k with an employer match up to a certain percentage.
* Health Insurance.
* Paid Sick.
* Paid Vacation.
* 9 Holidays with a Floating Holiday.
* Employee Meals.
* With much, much more.
* Be a part of a Great Team at Oahu Country Club.
* Applicants hired must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated Pay based on experience.
* Send your resume to: [email protected]