- 2021 – Rounds 4 Research April 24, 2021Dear Hawaii GCSA Members, I hope this finds you all doing well and preparing for what promises to be another busy year throughout the islands. I am reaching out to you today on behalf of the Hawaii GCSA Board of Directors concerning the Environmental Institute for Golf (EIFG) Rounds 4 Research program. Rounds 4 Research…bigwave
- 2021 University of Hawaii Turfgrass and Landscape Pest Management Webinar Series March 20, 2021Webinar series is free of charge, brought to you by UH Manoa Turfgrass and Landscape Pest Management Program, and CTAHR Cooperative Extension Service. Download the Flyer 4:00 – 5:00 pm on Tuesdays in April 2021 Live on Zoom: Webinar Zoom link will be provided to registered participants. Certified Educational Units 1.0 HDOA Pesticide CEU for…bigwave
- Message from Executive Director – Upcoming Webinar January 26, 2021Below is a notification from LICH about an upcoming webinar. I would like to give a shout out to a few superintendents that had hosted events in the last few weeks. Andrew Rebman at Kapalua, Dave Nakama at Waialae and Dan Husek at Hualalai along with their staff did a great job in getting their…bigwave
Skills & Abilities:
* Ability to schedule and supervise maintenance work to achieve the most efficient utilization of workers and equipment; to prepare clear and concise reports and to maintain effective employee and public relations.
* Must maintain professional appearance and attitude at all times.
* Requires performing duties with consideration to guests.
* Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be a team player and lead by example.
* Must be able to commit to hours of operation and understand that hours will fluctuate due to tournaments and special projects.
* Position requires a highly professional demeanor with members, guests and staff, adaptability, flexibility and adherence to a strict level of confidentiality.
* Requires ability to read, hear, speak, and comprehend and carry out verbal and written instructions.
* Working knowledge of the maintenance of golf course tees, fairways, greens; the seeding and maintenance practices for golf course turf; the planting, cultivating, pruning and caring for plants, shrubs and trees; the characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers and soil conditioners; herbicides and pest control methods and materials; drainage control methods; and irrigation system, including wells, pumps and automatic controls.
* Must posses a valid state driver’s license and clean MVR.
* May require current State certification or licensing as a pesticide applicator.
* Requires ability to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time.
* Requires ability to stoop, bend, reach, lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds.
* Requires ability to safely operate equipment both mechanical and hand tools.
* Requires working in an outdoor environment with fluctuating temperatures.
* Requires working in an outdoor environment with rugged, uneven terrain.
* Requires ability to visually observe the condition of surroundings.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assists in planning and supervising the maintenance of greens, tees and fairways.
* Schedule work and supervise employees and the use of equipment.
* Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment.
* Supervises pesticide applications and/or operates and calibrates pesticide application equipment.
* Supervises and participates in the operation and maintenance of pumps and in the maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems.
* Assists in personnel management and evaluation, employee safety, personnel discipline and may also modify the daily work schedule based on professional interpretation.
* Required to be in proper and complete uniform as designated and be at scheduled station at the scheduled time.
* Other duties as required.
JOB DESCRIPTION ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
This Job Description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the role described as other responsibilities may be assigned in order to meet the needs of the Company. Employees are expected to pitch in wherever they are needed, learn new skills as required, and do whatever it takes to serve both internal and external Clients.
Reasonable accommodations that do not impose undue burden on the Company may be determined for qualified disabled persons who can thereby successfully perform the essential function duties and responsibilities.
Interested parties please email your resume to:
Nic Alcorn | Golf Course Superintendent