- 2021 – Rounds 4 Research April 24, 2021Dear Hawaii GCSA Members, I hope this finds you all doing well and preparing for what promises to be another busy year throughout the islands. I am reaching out to you today on behalf of the Hawaii GCSA Board of Directors concerning the Environmental Institute for Golf (EIFG) Rounds 4 Research program. Rounds 4 Research…bigwave
- 2021 University of Hawaii Turfgrass and Landscape Pest Management Webinar Series March 20, 2021Webinar series is free of charge, brought to you by UH Manoa Turfgrass and Landscape Pest Management Program, and CTAHR Cooperative Extension Service. Download the Flyer 4:00 – 5:00 pm on Tuesdays in April 2021 Live on Zoom: Webinar Zoom link will be provided to registered participants. Certified Educational Units 1.0 HDOA Pesticide CEU for…bigwave
- Message from Executive Director – Upcoming Webinar January 26, 2021Below is a notification from LICH about an upcoming webinar. I would like to give a shout out to a few superintendents that had hosted events in the last few weeks. Andrew Rebman at Kapalua, Dave Nakama at Waialae and Dan Husek at Hualalai along with their staff did a great job in getting their…bigwave
Works closely with and reports directly to the Golf Course Superintendent in managing golf course day-to-day operations, ensures safe and excellent course conditions, community landscape and various projects either personally or through subordinate employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ensures the condition of the course and equipment is safe and playable for the general public; performs routine inspections as needed.
* Plans, coordinates, assigns and performs tasks and projects to workers engaged in preserving and maintaining the grounds and turf of the golf course, repairs irrigation and mechanical equipment; ensures a balanced distribution of all tasks to be completed for the day. Reports progress of projects to the Superintendent and General Manager.
* Evaluates priorities; helps identify and reports areas that needs attention, such as fertilizing, irrigating, seeding, mowing, raking, and spraying.
* Monitors employees to ensure proper care of the equipment and regular preventive maintenance is being performed.
* Assures the effective orientation of all new employees; supports/assists in training employees to successfully perform assigned duties.
* Reviews department schedules and manages overtime of employees.
* Evaluates equipment and makes recommendations on equipment that will enhance the working conditions and over-all appearance of the golf course.
* Maintains current knowledge on all environmental issues, laws, and requirements.
* Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed, including compliance with Company’s safety program; assist in ensuring a safe working environment for the crew; performs monthly safety inspections; maintains current up-to-date safety data sheets (SDS).
* Maintains professional relationships with vendors and assists with activities that will assure all licenses, reports, and requirements of the golf course are compliant.
* Assists with the maintenance process for the irrigation system.
* Maintains, organizes, and requisitions for parts and supplies for the maintenance department; researches products and supplies to recommend for the maintenance of the golf course.
* Attends meetings and training sessions as required.
* Performs all maintenance duties assigned or required.
BA degree or certification in field related to turf management or agriculture required; 3 years management experience in golf course maintenance preferred; must be able to operate all grounds maintenance equipment and possess a valid driver’s license.