Works closely with and reports directly to the Golf Course Superintendent in managing golf course day-to-day operations, ensures safe and excellent course conditions, community landscape and various projects either personally or through subordinate employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ensures the condition of the course and equipment is safe and playable for the general public; performs routine inspections as needed.
* Plans, coordinates, assigns and performs tasks and projects to workers engaged in preserving and maintaining the grounds and turf of the golf course, repairs irrigation and mechanical equipment; ensures a balanced distribution of all tasks to be completed for the day. Reports progress of projects to the Superintendent and General Manager.
* Evaluates priorities; helps identify and reports areas that needs attention, such as fertilizing, irrigating, seeding, mowing, raking, and spraying.
* Monitors employees to ensure proper care of the equipment and regular preventive maintenance is being performed.
* Assures the effective orientation of all new employees; supports/assists in training employees to successfully perform assigned duties.
* Reviews department schedules and manages overtime of employees.
* Evaluates equipment and makes recommendations on equipment that will enhance the working conditions and over-all appearance of the golf course.
* Maintains current knowledge on all environmental issues, laws, and requirements.
* Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed, including compliance with Company’s safety program; assist in ensuring a safe working environment for the crew; performs monthly safety inspections; maintains current up-to-date safety data sheets (SDS).
* Maintains professional relationships with vendors and assists with activities that will assure all licenses, reports, and requirements of the golf course are compliant.
* Assists with the maintenance process for the irrigation system.
* Maintains, organizes, and requisitions for parts and supplies for the maintenance department; researches products and supplies to recommend for the maintenance of the golf course.
* Attends meetings and training sessions as required.
* Performs all maintenance duties assigned or required.
BA degree or certification in field related to turf management or agriculture required; 3 years management experience in golf course maintenance preferred; must be able to operate all grounds maintenance equipment and possess a valid driver’s license.